Submit button missing if pg 2 of 2 is not shown

Building my first Gravity Form out of the box with no special CSS to cause issues. Apologies, there is no public link to show you the issue. I’ve searched for the answer on this forum and the web. I am hoping I am just missing a common sense solution. Thank you in advance.

Issue:
The problem is, when the page 2 condition is NOT met, the submit button should appear on page 1 now, since page 2 is not necessary. It does not.

Explanation:
I have a basic, 2 page form. Page 1 is general info and page 2 is more personal info. I only show page 2 based on how the visitor self identifies. Page 2 becomes available, when its condition is met, just as it should along with the corresponding page 1 next button and page 2 previous and submit buttons. Page one does not show the next button, just as it shouldn’t, when the page 2 condition is not met. The problem is, when the page 2 condition is NOT met, the submit button should appear on page 1 now, since page 2 is not necessary. It does not. What am I missing?

Has anyone had this issue or know what could be going on? I would like the submit button to be on page one of the form when the conditional logic does cause page two to show.