Trying to convert Excel order form to Gravity form. Questions/Complications [RESOLVED]

Hi everybody,

I’m working on a project for a client that involves several order forms. These forms were originally in Excel, but I’m trying to convert them to Gravity forms. The thing that is making this a bit complicated is that the client wants any line items that are not ordered to be left out of the email. My initial approach was to use HTML blocks for the product info and Number fields to do the quantity and price calculation and style them to look like a cohesive table. The problem with this is that it makes it difficult to leave the line items that were not ordered out of the email because I can’t hide the HTML block based on the number fields being 0, unless there is a way that I’m not aware of.

So what I wanted to try instead was use the Product field and add the information that would have gone into an HTML block as setting fields on the Product. I was thinking that if all the info was contained in one field, then I could use the {all_fields} template tag and the item wouldn’t show up in the email if it wasn’t included in the order.

I was able to figure out how to add the setting fields to the product and display them in the form (sort of), but these values are not stored in the form entry and so are not included in the email or the form entry detail, and I am having trouble figuring out how to store that information to the form entry. Am I going about it the wrong way? How would one add meta to a product that could be stored and displayed in the email/form entry detail?

I’ve searched for existing add-ons that might help with this. I was really hoping there would be a product table add-on, but I haven’t found anything like that. The closest thing I’ve found involved the List field, but that seems like it’s more useful if you want the user adding rows, and that’s not what I want. The rows are already established, and they just need to plug in quantities.

Any help would be appreciated.

Screenshot of Excel form to give you an idea what I’m trying to do. Ideally I’d like each line item to be one field. I marked which fields represent which components.

I figured out a solution. Not the one I wanted, exactly, but it does the job. So instead of trying to make the product into one field with meta and such, I decided instead to use the gform_notification_[form_id} filter to append the product table to the message. This way I could lay out the product info in a table, and if the quantity field for that row is empty, that row won’t be displayed.

1 Like