Notification Conditional based on Checkbox Label Value

Hi!
Is there a way for me to set a Notification based on the Value of a Checkbox Label?

I’m making a form for a client where a notification is sent is based on whether or not a checkbox is checked…
No problem there…

But my client will frequently be duplicating the form for different uses and she would be changing the Label for that checkbox - And the Label will a fairly long phrase.

When the Label for the checkbox has been changed, the Notification conditional for that field will keep the old Label and not automatically update to the new Label. (although it will have the new Label available to select)

If there was a way to base the Notification conditional on the Value of the Label instead of the Label itself, that would eliminate the need for the Notification to updated every time the Label changed because the Value would not be changing.

So my question is… Is there a way to do this?

Hello. Unfortunately, there is not a way to change the way the conditional logic works. Any time the fields are modified that the conditional logic is dependent on, those conditional logic rules will need to be revisited. We don’t have a way around that at this time. If you would like to suggest that for inclusion in the future, I recommend adding that to our product roadmap. Click the blue :heavy_plus_sign: in the lower left on this page to add a note for our product team:

https://www.gravityforms.com/gravity-forms-roadmap/

Thank you.

I think if you create a hidden field in the form with a default value of @{:1} where in this example your checkbox field number is 1, that hidden field will then hold the selected values from that checkbox. They will be comma separated. Then in the conditional logic of the notification you can check if the hidden field “contains” any of the selected values that would trigger the notification. This way you will bypass the “Field Label” in the notification conditional and instead compare the contents of a second dummy hidden field to the choices that would trigger the notification regardless of what the field label is. I think that will work (if I understood your problem correctly)

You are able to preserve conditional logic associated with a checkbox field. However, in order to do so, you will need to check the Show Values option on the checkbox under General Settings. I regularly do this for checkboxes, radio buttons, and dropdown fields w/in which the labels are descriptive and might need updated. In this way, you can update the labels, at will, and not have the conditional logic break.

In doing this, I’ve found that best practice is to generalize the value as much as possible, so that it never needs to be changed. For example, I might set up a radio button with the following label | value pairs…

• Yes, I would like to be picked up at the airport | transport-airport
  • Yes, please pick me at the train station | transport-train
  • No, I will be providing my own transportation | transport-none
2 Likes