How to submit application when product total is zero [RESOLVED]

If customer uses promo code reducing balance to zero they are unable to submit application because Stripe still expects credit card number. Even if a card number is provided, it errors with “Payment Intent Invalid” because balance is zero. I love you guys, but this is kinda ridiculous.

Use conditional logic on the Stripe feed, so it is not processed when the promo code reduces the total to zero. What is happening now is that the feed is running without any credit card information.

Thanks Chris, but conditional logic within Stripe feed doesn’t display total as an option. I’m assuming you mean to select Enable Conditional Logic so “Run this feed if…” total is not zero.

Are you hiding the Stripe field with conditional logic when the promo code is used? If so, use the same rule on the Stripe feed to process the feed only when the promo code is NOT used.

Because the total field is not available for use in conditional logic, you can add another number field to the form and total up the products and options there, then base the conditional logic on that.

Thank you, Chris. That worked. Used Gravity Wiz’s Copy Cat to copy total to hidden number field then within Stripe feed enabled condition process feed unless hidden field is 0. Cheers!

Any way to add this to documentation or build tips into interface when using coupons? Seems a lot of folks are confused by this.

Thanks for the update. I’ll recommend that to the docs team. Cheers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.