Form Admin Notification emails

Hi all, we have changed from cpanel emails hosting to a email hosting service on our website hosting provider .
since we have made those changes the admin notification emails dont come thru. its been working without any issues when we had the simple cpanel email account , but with the upgradet hosting service it is not working.
this is the error message reply from our hosting website:
Email log:
2022-10-29 13:28:19 [21133] 1oobZu-0005Sf-8F ** orders@aussiepoolcovers.com.au R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp_batv H=aussiepoolcovers.com.au [103.27.32.3] I=[103.27.32.232] X=TLSv1.2:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:256 CV=no: SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:orders@aussiepoolcovers.com.au: 550-Please turn on SMTP Authentication in your mail client.\n550-se3.syd.hostingplatform.net.au [103.27.32.232]:38810 is not permitted to\n550 relay through this server without authentication.

Error Message:
550-Please turn on SMTP Authentication in your mail client.\n550-se3.syd.hostingplatform.net.au [103.27.32.232]:38810 is not permitted to\n550 relay through this server without authentication

we have now changed email accounts back to cpanel hosting and its working fine again.
any idea what would cause this?

it is an event notification form to the admin email, which i used the same email address in the from and in the to email section.

thanks in advance

It looks like your website is hosted at aussiepoolcovers.com.au and you are trying to use se3.syd.hostingplatform.net.au to send email, but that server (se3.syd.hostingplatform.net.au) is not allowing that. I recommend contacting your host for assistance. There’s nothing you can do in Gravity Forms to make that better.

thank you for the reply. do you think a smtp mail plug in will work and overcome this issue?

thanks

If you use an SMTP server or service that is not on this host, then yes, that will work around any issue with using this mailer. Note that using an SMTP plugin for WordPress will send all mail from your site through that server, not just Gravity Forms notifications.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.