Daily Summary of Submitted Forms

I am building a system that will allow clients to submit a variety of forms. We have Gravity Forms, GravityKit All Access, and the Reenhanced Power Automate Add-On. I’m currently working on workflows both on the client and admin side. Instead of the admin getting an email every time someone submits a form, I would prefer to be able to send them some sort of daily summary (and only if there are new submissions). It could be a link to a view of the day’s new submissions. Given all of the tools at my disposal, I’m wondering if anyone has suggestions about the best way to go about this.

Thanks!

We have folks using Glances for that reason. How they use it is by checking on a regular basis for the new submissions each day; some do this daily and some morning and afternoon. Since Glances is always on, they can quick check it, do what they need to do, then move on with their day. Here’s a write-up on the Gravity Forms blog: https://www.gravityforms.com/blog/view-form-and-payment-data-using-glances-and-gravity-forms/

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Thank you for the suggestion. With all of the add-ons we have access to, I was hoping there was a way to do it without paying for yet another subscription. If we must still check manually for new entries, I can set something up using what we have.

1 Like

There are a couple approaches that Gravity Flow could provide with useful patterns:

If the form(s) do not require any action from the admin or other users.
You could provide the link to a page with an inbox block on it. Having one step (user input for example) in their workflow where the admin is assignee and the expiration setting is defined as 24 hours or midnight of the current day. In that way, the entries in the inbox are always that day’s submissions.

If the form(s) do require other steps/assignees in the workflow
With this, you couldn’t rely on a step to provide that “filter” of todays entries, but the workflow status page can also be a front-end page via block. gravityflow_status_filter uses the same search criteria as the GFAPI which would let you pre-filter the page to show just that days entries. Or the status bar on the page lets the user have control on what they see and you use query string values to define what the link to get the user there pre sets for them.

Cheers,
Jamie

1 Like

Thank you (and sorry for the late reply)! I will try that once I circle back to the problem.

Shannon

Hi Shannon:

I’m a developer for the Reenhanced Power Automate plugin.

The plugin currently only works as a trigger for each submission, without access to previous submissions. So in order to do this without coding, you’ll need to store some information that’s received for each entry.

This could be as simple as a new table in your environment that holds a little bit of information for each submission. This table would have columns to hold all of the details for what you’ll use to build your summary email and an additional column with a yes/no field to say if it was sent in a summary email or not.

Then you could make another automated flow to run every day and get rows from that dataverse table and build and send the summary email. After the email is sent, you could update the yes/no field to indicate that the submission was sent in a summary email.

You can put all of this into a solution file and then it would be portable between different environments as well.

The problem with this is that it does duplicate some of the data. You’ll have the original information in WordPress, and then you’ll have your copy that you generate for each submission when your trigger is run. Additionally, it means that “state” information (was this submission sent?) is stored externally from your WordPress site.

The benefits are that you can easily build out a model driven app and/or include the dataverse table directly into a Dynamics 365 app.

There are pros/cons to this and you’ll want to consider how your organization plans to use this over the long run to make the best choice.

But you can absolutely do it without writing a line of code if you’re willing to use dataverse.

Thanks!
Nick

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.