Conditional Logic and using subscription and 1 time payment options

Hello, we use Authorize.net for our payment processor and was wondering how to create a form that allows users to select am ongoing monthly payment or a 1 time payment using Gravity Forms?

Hi Mike. You can offer a radio button choice in the form of:

• Monthly
  • One-Time

Then, create two Authorize.Net feeds, one set up as a monthly subscription, and the other set up as a one-time purchase. Finally, use the conditional logic on each feed to process one or the other when either of the radio buttons is selected.

If you have any questions about the setup, please let us know.

1 Like

Hi Chris,

I think I am missing something when setting the form up. There is no option to change subscription vs one time payment on each button.

I have attached a few screenshots of my form set up. The page link is bgcdt.org/sponsor.

Can you share the URL where the form is visible on your site? We first need to make sure that is set up correctly, with a radio button choice of One-Time or Monthly. Once that is set, then we will need to ensure you have two feeds set up correctly, one set to process a single payment, one set to process a monthly subscription. Each feed will be configured individually, and then you will use conditional logic on each feed, based on the radio button choice in the form, so that when the visitor wants a one-time payment and selected that radio button, you process the one-time feed. And then they want monthly recurring payments and selected that radio button, you process the monthly subscription feed.

Send the URL where we can see your form and we’ll start with that. Thank you.

Bgcdt.org/sponsor. Scroll down until you see the form.

Bgcdt.org/sponsor. Scroll down until you see the form.

Looking at your form, I can see you have a radio button choice of:

• Monthly donation for 12 months
  • One-time donation for the year

That is good. You will have two Authorize.Net feeds. One will be set up as a subscription, to bill monthly, and end after 12 payments. On that feed, at the bottom, you will check the box to enable conditional logic based on the “I’d like to make a…” radio button selection being “Monthly donation for 12 months”.

Then, you will have another Authorize.Net feed that is set up as a purchase, and at the bottom of that feed check the box to enable conditional logic, and only process this fee when the “I’d like to make a…” radio button selection is “One-time donation for the year”.

Only one feed will be processed for each form submission, which is how this works. Only one feed will be processed, based on the radio button selection made in the form, and your conditional logic rules.

If that does not make sense, I recommend opening a support ticket so we can assist you with the setup. Thank you.