Block field alignment suddenly fails and cannot be reinstituted

I’ve had the following problem in several forms:

I’ll block-align a group of fields on a row, such as name, email and phone number. They’ll work fine for a time, but when adding another field to the form, the alignment will suddenly fail and the fields will revert to displaying on separate rows. The alignment continues to appear in the editor but fails in the preview and in the production version (embedded in a webpage).

I cannot get the inline alignment back no matter what I do and the CSS ready classes have no effect. I can’t find any evidence of what’s happened when I inspect the HTML tags, classes, etc.

Has anyone else had this problem and how can it be resolved???

I’m unable to replicate the issue in a default WordPress installation with no other plugins active and using the default WP theme.

If your site is using any caching (a plugin or server side caching), make sure to flush the plugin/server cache and your browser cache after any change done, then reload the page.

If that doesn’t help, I would recommend you to perform a full conflict test following all the steps described here: https://docs.gravityforms.com/testing-for-a-themeplugin-conflict/

Note that for a valid conflict test, as the documentation explains, the first try must be done with only Gravity Forms enabled, all other plugins disabled, and using a default WordPress theme without custom code (e.g. Twenty Twenty-One).

If you don’t feel comfortable doing this in the live site, you will want to create a staging clone for testing. I’m sure your host would be able to assist you with this task.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.