Stripe Link Email Autocomplete Error

Hi all,

I am finding a weird issue with the new Stripe Link feature that support isn’t really taking the time to investigate or look into.

For some brief background, Stripe Link allows customers to save their email address along with payment info for faster checkout at any Link supported site. I see this as useful where my clients don’t have to repeat their credit card information. The new Gravity Forms Stripe 5.0 add-on allows an Email field in Gravity Forms to be filled in for the Link email field. In a normal situation, an existing customer would type in their email address, that email address would be copied to the Link field, and they would be prompted to receive a text message code to authenticate with Link.

The problem I’m having is on browsers with autocomplete (in my case, Safari on my iPhone). If the customer types autocomplete for their email address instead of typing in each character, Link treats an existing customer as a new customer and prompts them to create an account by entering in their phone number. On the same browser, if you don’t use autocomplete and type in an email address, it works as intended and lets the user log in by verifying with SMS.

I’m wondering if anyone else has seen this issue and has any idea how to resolve it. So far I have tried using a blank website with no addons or caching or anything on a completely different host, and that has not resolved the issue. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.