Strange behavior with one of our forms

Hello Gravity Forms experts. We have had some issues with one of our forms: https://artsallianceofstratford.org/teach-arts-workshops-with-us

We have been getting multiple entries for this form in rapid succession from each person who completes it and submits. One of the posters told me that the website field kept invalidating her website URL and then she got an error message that her session had timed out.

What was actually happening was the form entry was being submitted every time she pressed the “Submit” button, but the form did not dismiss and it kept giving her the error messages.

This is the only form on the site behaving wonky. The others perform just fine.

What should I be looking for?

Hi Mark. The first thing to do is check to see if you can recreate the problem. If so, you have a better chance of testing and fixing and then testing again to be sure it’s working as expected. If you cannot, you will have a harder time finding the issue. But there are some things you can check. I first recommend checking for theme and plugin conflicts, using the Health Check & Troubleshooting plugin. We have an article on its usage here:

The issue with using that to check for conflicts is that it relies on you being able to recreate the problem, then using the Health Check plugin to disabled theme and plugins to see if the issue is resolved.

Without being able to recreate the issue, I recommend ensuring that your theme and plugins and WordPress core are all up to date,

If you have a valid Gravity Forms license you can open a support ticket here https://www.gravityforms.com/support/ as well, but without being able to recreate the issue, this is going to be a difficult one for Support to help with as well.

Thanks Chris. I did install and run the Health Check & Troubleshooting plugin. It passed all tests and the only recommendations it made were to remove inactive plugins & themes. Being that our website is running off of a child theme, removing the inactive parent would be ill advised.

The problem is not intermittent. Literally everyone who has submitted this form has recreated the problem. We are using 13 Gravity Forms throughout the website and this is the only one of them that has caused problems.

Nonetheless, I will take your advice and open a support ticket.

Thanks Mark. I think the support ticket is the best way to get to the bottom of the issue. Thank you.