Run two Authorize feeds on same entry

We have a subscription feed where we’ve overridden the default subscription start date, which is working correctly, but I also need to charge a first/single payment at the moment they sign up which would be independent of the subscription feed.

I set up a second feed using the same payment field amount as the subscription, it’s set to “product and services” and the fields are properly matched.

I’ve run a few tests but do not see this initial one-time fee at time of entry date in the authorize.net sandbox. It may be that they haven’t done the batch processing of the test accounts, but I’m not sure if Authorize operates their sandbox that way. I do see in the recurring billing section that the subscription is set up with it’s start date correctly.

So my questions are, would setting up a second “product and services” fee, to be processed immediately and separate of the subscription, is that the best way to go about doing this?

Also, do you know how this one time charge would appear and where it would appear in the Authorize.net sandbox? I realize GF is not authorize.net, just asking in case.

Thanks.

Hi Thomas. Only one Authorize.Net feed will be processed per form submission. I don’t think your approach will work.

I wonder if you could use either the gform_after_submission hook with GFAPI::add_entry to copy the minimum fields of data needed into a second form to have the one-time fee processed on that entry?

If you’d prefer a non-code approach to doing similar, the Gravity Flow Form Connector has its’ Create an Entry step type which lets you setup field mappings much like a feed.

Ahh Jamie that is a great idea, but instead of GFAPI::add_entry I think I’ll need to use GFAPI::submit_form in order to run the payment processor. Unless I read that incorrectly, GFAPI::add_entry will not run the add-on feeds.

Regardless, it looks like this will work, thank you very much for pointing this out.

1 Like