Premade CSS Selectors

Hello All (or GF employees),

I’m currently trying to build out several form projects. As GF currently stands, there are more than 50 CSS selectors that must be custom written or edited to style a form. Honestly I’m surprised GF doesn’t have an CSS options built in to do basic styling quickly, but I assume there are reasons that hasn’t happened.

I’m curious if it’s possible to download or acquire premade CSS layouts that would already have preset field sizes, font sizes, field borders, button styles, etc.? For advanced coders it’s probably no issue to create CSS hundreds of lines of code extremely fast and easily, but for more novice users or people that simply want functional nice looking forms quickly and to spend more time worrying about their actual business than spending 6-8 hours copying and pasting code snippets and writing out dozens of selectors is really inefficient.

It’s also possible that GF isn’t built for users such as myself and more mainstream options like Wufoo or Jot might be a better option to expedite our businesses form creation.

Thank you all

Hello. We’ve made great strides and many improvements to the CSS handling in Gravity Forms 2.5 which is at Release Candidate 2.5 now. I recommend taking a look at the new markup and styling, in a free Gravity Forms 2.5 demo, right here:

Please give the demo a look and let us know what you think. Please share any feedback with our product team here:

https://www.gravityforms.com/gravity-forms-2-5-beta-feedback/

Thank you.

Thank you for the response Chris. I have 2.5 installed on a local machine for review.

I do like the UI improvements in the builder for sure. It looks like with the drag and drop style, the ready classes of gf_left gf_right can be eliminated.

Unless I’m missing something (which I often do) though the actual meat of the functionality and available options has remained almost the same. I see users can create CSS classes, as before, but still must make all changes via a stylesheet directly. I do see 3rd party plugins available to simply and expedite the styling processes, but have avoided them due to both compatibility (not-officially backed by GF) and security reasons.

Do you see any appearance/styling capabilities being added to the drag and drop builder features?

Thanks for taking a look. The plan is to introduce themes which can be created and styles to apply to the forms. That does not exist yet, but the framework is being added to support that, so it will be coming at some point. I think at that point, it will be much easier to accomplish what you need to do.

Also, have a look at this documentation we posted today regarding styling and markup changes in 2.5 as well, which adds some additional detail:

Thanks again for taking a look. We love hearing feedback on what is getting closer to the final 2.5 product.

1 Like

@TGr we are building a pre-made themes bundle for Gravity Forms v2.5

We will be releasing this officially when Gravity Forms releases their official 2.5 version.

You can instantly change the entire look and feel of your forms without modifying any stylesheets or hiring someone like me to build a custom design for you.

You can check out Gravity Painter for more information.

We do have plans and are hoping to become an official third party add-on for Gravity Forms.

Unless I’m missing something (which I often do) though the actual meat of the functionality and available options has remained almost the same. I see users can create CSS classes, as before, but still must make all changes via a stylesheet directly. I do see 3rd party plugins available to simply and expedite the styling processes, but have avoided them due to both compatibility (not-officially backed by GF) and security reasons.

1 Like