I’m creating this in follow up to the PayPal Sandbox Testing Guide I just posted here.
I believe these changes would help:
- I am not sure if this is true but it seems that PayPal calls the modes either Live or Sandbox, and using Production and Test is slightly misleading. Consider renaming these.
- Provide a Sandbox PayPal Email Address AND a Live PayPal Email Address. The email address to be paid would be automatically chosen by the Mode selected.
- Alternatively or additionally, allow the PayPal Feeds to be Duplicated.
- Provide some documentation and help for directing users to the Developer site to create a Sandbox Business Account and Personal Account.
- User needs to enable IPN for BOTH the Live Account and Sandbox Account.
- When in Sandbox Mode, some sort of notice that when submitting a form, the tester needs to log in to the Sandbox Personal Account.