PayPal "Pay by card" buttons missing

I’ve got a strange problem occurring with a simple form that sends people through to PayPal for taking payments. The form itself appears to work fine, but when the customer is taken through to PayPal, the “Pay by credit/debit card button is missing” - there’s just the “login” or “register with paypal” buttons instead.

I’ve tried replicating this problem by submitting the form myself, but I always see the buttons. I thought maybe it was some kind of user error (e.g. maybe they were already logged in to PayPal?), but it’s happening on a couple of different websites now - different client, different customers.

I did actually manage to replicate the issue once, but when I copied/pasted the PayPal URL across (the one generated by Gravity Forms) into another browser tab, the buttons appeared again!? So, looks like it could be something to do with the URL generated by GF that redirects people through to PayPal, which then tells PayPal whether to display the buttons or not.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I am out of ideas.

Thanks in advance.

PayPal determines which payment methods are available at their end based on the payment amount, currency, customer location, their browser and device, and some factors they don’t disclose.

Thank you for the reply.

I wondered if something like that was going on. I hadn’t seen it before, though, so couldn’t be sure.

Do you know if there’s a way to make the user experience more consistent? (i.e. have the “pay by card” buttons always available)

Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.