Passing gravity form data into woo commerce

I should premise this with we are not using woocommerce as a traditional shopping cart sell things. We are attempting to use it to just manage office supplies. For example, if Stephanie signs out a projector for a presentation using gravity forms, upon submission we would like the associated serial number to be passed onto woocomerce and assigned to a category called borrowed for example. How can I pass a field or two into woocommerce upon form submission?

Anyone have any recommendations?

You mean that the form entry would be leading to the creation of an order which is assigned to the borrowed category? Interesting idea. Would the order be fulfilled when the product is returned?

The Gravity Flow WooCommerce extension does have a create order step but it is modelled on the idea that you want the assignee (entry submittor or other user/role in your site) to manually complete the action.

Given that the WooCommerce Rest API is both well documented and based on the WP core, using Gravity Flow’s outgoing webhook to automate the order creation should be a no/very-low code effort.

Regards,
Jamie

1 Like

You mean that the form entry would be leading to the creation of an order which is assigned to the borrowed category? Interesting idea. Would the order be fulfilled when the product is returned?

Yes, this is exactly what I am trying to achieve. When the product is returned (via another gravity form submission, it will be assigned back to the category of Office supplies. That is my intent at least. I will follow the links your referenced (although i must be honest, webhooks somewhat confuse me without examples direct). But any guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

2 Likes