Need help ASAP: ReCaptcha not working

Google’s ReCaptcha page warns that:

We detected that your site is not verifying reCAPTCHA tokens. Please see our developer site for more information.

Discovered this because one of our clients couldn’t submit a form due to recaptcha error (“invalid reCaptcha”). Not sure how many others are affected.

Please help ASAP!
This morning, I installed Gravity’s recaptcha add-on, but the warning is still there.

Hey :wave:

The Gravity Forms plugin has reCAPTCHA built-in. Which add-ons have you tried? Have you disabled the caching plugin when testing it out?

I know Gravity has reCaptcha built-in, but Gravity’s downloads also has a reCaptcha add-on available, which I didn’t have initially. When reCaptcha wasn’t working and I couldn’t figure out what the problem was, I downloaded and activated the add-on–which I think added a couple of options, including disabling v3 on individual forms. As a test, I deleted the captcha field and crossed my figures that the captcha would work–the payment came through without captcha errors. Granted, it’s not clear where caused the problem, though the error was, from the beginning, “invalid captcha”.

(By the way, that led me to thinking of leaving a note-to-self type of note in the form for future reference.)

So now I am wondering whether I should do the same with the other forms–remove the captcha field from the form itself and rely on the add-on. What do you think? Is the captcha add-on unnecessary?

What about the warning from Google–that “the site is not verifying reCAPTCHA tokens”?