Unable to disable reCAPTCHA on two forms

We have the reCAPTCHA add-on installed and it works on most of our forms but I have two Gravity forms on our website that I need to disable reCAPTCHA on because the devices that will access them will be locked down to only accessing our domain.

A week or two ago I changed the reCAPTCHA setting on both forms to “Disable reCAPTCHA v3 for this form.” and after that the reCAPTCHA icon disappeared from the bottom right hand corner and the forms on our locked down devices were working.

Yesterday I was told that the forms had stopped working on the devices and I noticed when I brought the forms up in a web browser that the reCAPTCHA icon was back on both forms, even though the checkbox to disable it is still checked.

So far I’ve tried unchecking the Disable reCAPTCHA box then saving settings, then checking it and saving settings again, but that didn’t help. I also tried deactivating the reCAPTCHA add-on long enough to test and when I do that, the reCAPTCHA icon did disappear from the forms, but I can’t leave it like that because we need it working on our other forms.

Does anyone know why reCAPTCHA seems to be enabled even on forms that I’ve disabled it for?

Thank you

Do you perhaps have more than one version of reCAPTCHA on the form? I have seen cases where someone had a reCAPTCHA v2 field on the form but forgot about it and later installed the reCAPTCHA add-on. If that happened in your case, then the form would still be using reCAPTCHA v2 even with the separate add-on deactivated at the plugin or individual form level.

Best regards,
Rob

Thanks for your response.

I just want to make sure I understand, when you say a Captcha v2 field, do you mean the “CAPTCHA” type field in Advanced Fields on the form builder? If that’s what you mean, then there are not any of those on the form.

The weird thing is about 10 days ago we noticed the problem, and then I checked the Disable Captcha option in the Gravity Forms settings, and after that the Captcha disappeared from the forms and they worked on our locked down devices. But now the Captcha’s icons have returned even though the Disable Captcha checkboxes are still checked for both forms. I don’t think there was any update to the form from when it was working. This is a very simple form, it has a Unique ID field that is hidden and then a Location drop down menu, a date and time field, a First and Last name field, a checkbox set field, and a field that comments can be typed into. There are no other fields on the form except an HTML field that is just some plain text.

Thank you,

Roark

I just want to make sure I understand, when you say a Captcha v2 field, do you mean the “CAPTCHA” type field in Advanced Fields on the form builder? If that’s what you mean, then there are not any of those on the form.

Yes, that’s what I meant. Too bad – I was hoping that it might be something simple. Do you have any other plugins using reCAPTCHA on the site? You may want to try disabling them (or disabling reCAPTCHA in them, if relevant) just to rule them out. I have seen plenty of problems in sites that use Google services (including Google Maps and reCAPTCHA) with > 1 plugin. Good luck!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.