Make Dependent Conditional Logic Warning More Useful

This form contains conditional logic dependent upon this choice. Are you sure you want to modify this choice? ‘OK’ to delete, ‘Cancel’ to abort.

Although receiving the above warning is helpful, it would be MUCH more helpful if it listed which fields “contain conditional logic dependent upon this choice”.

Related to this feature request, if the warning lists field ID #s (likely the most concise way of listing the fields which are dependent upon this choice), then it would be really helpful if the field ID #s weren’t only visible when a specific field is select. Having all the field ID #s visible would allow the user to use the browser’s text search feature to find the affected fields.

3 Likes

We were just talking about this feature when discussing an upcoming release. I’ll add your vote.

Any progress on this feature? I’m running into this issue again while updating one of my forms.

I don’t want to break the conditional logic but it is hard to see the interdependencies if you update a form annually or manage multiple forms.

No progress to report at this time. I’ll make sure the feature is not forgotten.

Any News yet on this update? We need to update each year or pricing as well… it truly sucks that each time this gets broken. As we don’t see what Field ID number was connected.

There are no updates yet, but it is still in discussion on the active feature requests board.

Please make work from this! I asked the same 4 years ago… still waiting for it…
The support liked the idea then… do you know how frustrating it is that to each year rebuild a very complex registration form with 30 different outcomes!

Fix this asap, i’m paying for more than 6 years already I’m done waiting.

@chrishajer, I would suspect that many of your users (including me) will be working on annual form updates this month…This feature would be a nice Christmas present…

1 Like

It’s not in development now, so I don’t think we will make it for Christmas this year. I’ll ensure it’s still on our list of requested features and bring it up at our next meeting for feature requests.

Please push for this Chris. As this is one of the reasons, working with GF is not fun. We have complex forms that each years needs to be adjusted. Now everytime the form breaks.

Would be better that each field is connected with the logical field, once a user adjust one of those fields, other fields are updates with the new data input at once, without breaking the logic fields.

Happy holidays, and positive vibes on your upcoming meeting.

I am going to keep pushing. I think it would be a really useful feature for a lot of people.

1 Like

@chrishajer, As you suggested for important requests, I am following up again.

Thank you. I added another vote. The feature request is still open, but it is not in development at this time.

Any progress? Another vote here.

No progress yet. I recommend adding your vote on our Product Roadmap.

https://www.gravityforms.com/gravity-forms-roadmap/

Get started with a new note by clicking the blue Plus sign in the lower left.