Invoice alternative to Stripe

I’m planning on creating a registration form using Gravity Forms. Registrants will be given the option to pay via Stripe; however, I would like them to be able to pay by cheque as well. With this option, I’d like an invoice emailed directly to them. Would this be possible? If so, is it possible to have the user presented with both the invoice and Stripe options?

Hello Kit,

This to me seems like a fairly light fix is all you need.

(1) The following filter will help you add an alternative payment method: gform_payment_methods … you can find more information here: https://docs.gravityforms.com/gform_payment_methods/ - simply add the ‘Cheque’ payment method as an alternative.

(2) Use conditional logic to select a specific ‘invoice style’ notification that is generated when the ‘Cheque’ option is used. Make use of merge tags to personalise the invoice data.

Perhaps simplistic. But just my immediate way round if I wanted to keep things brief.

Anyone else have suggestions for Kit?

Thanks for the quick and well thought out answer! I like simple :slight_smile: this looks like the perfect resolve.

My pleasure to help, Kit.

Please let us all know how you get on. Feedback on your project success would be great!

Speak soon,

Temi

My apologies, looks like I’m a bit lost on these instructions… I added the following to my theme’s functions.php file:

add_filter( 'gform_payment_methods', 'add_payment', 10, 3 );
function add_payment( $payment_methods, $field, $form_id ) {
    $payment_methods[] = array( 'key' => 'testing', 'label' => 'Test Payment' );
    return $payment_methods;
}

However, I’m uncertain as to where I add the following when working on my form:

add_filter( 'gform_payment_methods', 'your_function_name', 10, 3 );

Not sure if I can edit my previous post, but I found a code-free solution.

Updating incase anyone has the same question in the future… I created a radio-button with the options “Credit Card” and “Invoice”. Stripe has conditional logic set to only appear when Credit Card is select. An Invoice-styled Notification has conditional logic set to only send to those who selected “Invoice”. Seems to work well so far.

Be sure that you use the same conditional logic rule on the Stripe Feed as you do in the form for the Stripe Field. That will ensure the feed is only processed when they selected the “Credit Card” radio button. Otherwise, the Stripe feed will run when you did not collect any card data (because the Stripe Field was hidden by conditional logic) and you will receive an error rather than a form submission. Thank you.