How do I hide the 'Save and Continue Later' link based on a conditional logic answer?

Hello!

For a business that I help I’ve created a long questionnaire form with multiple pages that clients should only submit once (they can subsequently edit their entry if necessary).

The very first question is “Have you submitted a questionnaire form before? Yes/No” and I’m using conditional logic to hide the remaining Page form fields and the Next button if the answer is Yes.

However, the ‘Save and Continue Later’ link remains visible, which is not necessary for people who have answered yes but is still useful for first-time submitters (i.e. people who have answered No).

Supporting screenshot below.

Thanks for reading.

Screenshot 2020-07-03 at 17.46.41

Hi Thomas. There is no filter or function in Gravity Forms to suppress the “Save and Continue Later” link. I think I would look at reconfiguring the flow a little bit. Can you move this first question outside of the Gravity Forms form, so that when they select one or the other radio button, you can either show the first page of the form, or you can show them the message to log in and update their existing information if they have already submitted the questionnaire?

Thanks for the info Chris – I’ll have a rethink!

1 Like

Let us know if you need to kick around any ideas.

So I thought I’d try something for you but it didn’t work, unfortunately.

I put the following code into an HTML field and made it to be hidden/shown according to a selection in the form:

<style type="text/css">
.gform_save_link {
    display: none;
}
</style>

Unfortunately the code is applied even if the HTML field is hidden, so the link is hidden permanently.

Why would that be, Chris (@chrishajer)?

Conditional logic just sets the display state of the field, it can’t prevent HTML, scripts, or CSS located in the field content from being used when the field is hidden.

The JavaScript based gform_post_conditional_logic_field_action hook could be used to show or hide the save and continue link when another field is being displayed/hidden. See the following page of the documentation for an example:

2 Likes