Help with Gravity Forms Chained Selects

I’m using chained selects from the Elite Addon of Gravity forms and I’d like to know if it is possible and maybe how I could limit the addon’s parent option to the user display name.

The chained select has been setup with 3 selects.

Name = Parent
Invoice No = Child
Amount = Child

What I would like to be able to do is automatically populate the parent to the {user:display_name} only

Thanks

Dan

Hi Dan, currently, the Chained Selects add-on is limited to static population via a CSV file - or - dynamic population via the gform_chained_selects_input_choices filter. If you want to pull a dynamic list of users, you’ll need to go with the filter approach. The filter documentation has some solid examples of how to populate choices once you’ve fetched the desired data.

If you’re looking for a UI-based approach, Gravity Wiz (my own company) has a powerful new add-on coming very soon called GF Populate Anything. This plugin will allow you to chain multiple selects together in a very similar fashion with the added bonus of automatically fetching the data for you based on configurable filters right in the field settings.

Here’s a little sneak peek of how it works.

https://www.useloom.com/embed/efece9c921694988a51285dbdce61b0d

If you’re a Gravity Perks customer, we’ll be happy to provide you early access to GF Populate Anything via the support form.

1 Like

Hi David,

thanks for that we’ve been using GF Populate Anything now for a little over a week and I must say its a dream, being able to connect to WP_Tables where my data is I can then setup up the precursive lookups required. now to solve my other issues

1 Like

Glad to hear GF Populate Anything is proving its worth, Dan!

It is, by combing several perks with gravity forms and wp_datatables we are able to setup aset of data entry tools that are linked to googlesheets and we can restrict user entry in a massive way

2 Likes