Exclude number from appears on the form

I have a dropdown field, the contents consist of numbers and alphabets, such as 111-ABCD, 222-EFGH, 333-IJKL, 444-ABCD, 555-EFGH, 666-IJKL.

I want the data that appears on the form to be alphabetical only.

Please help. thank you.

Can you clarify please? Can you show what the dropdown looks like now, and what you want it to look like? Post screenshots if you can. Thank you.

If I understand you correctly, you want to keep the alphanumerical choices as the values in the dropdown field, but the labels should only show the alphabetical characters?

So these would be the visible choices in the dropdown field:

ABCD
EFGH
IJKL
ABCD
EFGH
IJKL

But the selections are actually:

111-ABCD
222-EFGH
333-IJKL
444-ABCD
555-EFGH
666-IJKL

Except the visitor doesnā€™t see the numbers, only the letters. Am I right?

If so, thatā€™s very easy to do when creating the field. Simply tick the ā€œshow valuesā€ checkbox, and you can enter your labels and values separately. The values are not seen on the frontend of the form.

gf-dropdown-demo

gf-dropdown-demo2

Was I correct in guessing what you need? If so, thatā€™s what you can do. Please let me know how you get along.

Cheers,
Phil

1 Like

Dear Phil,
I have tried your suggestionā€¦
I have changed the condition at the dropdown:
a

when the search menu in the dropdown has been successful between searching by using numbers or letters:
b

but the problem is when it appears in the email all the value values are visible, whereas all I want is only the letters that are visible:
c1

The following configuration in the message:
c2

while the results in the info entries are exactly what I want:
d

Please adviseā€¦ Thank youā€¦

Change your merge tag from:

{Customer Name:1}

to

{:1:value}

The important part there is the ā€˜:valueā€™ modifier. I just leave out the field label because itā€™s not required.

1 Like

Ah I see - you wanted the numbers to be visible in the labelsā€¦ is that why you did it the other way round from what I showed you?

So then in that case, to show only the alphabetic characters in the email, you need to use the ā€˜:valueā€™ modifier as Chris showed you.

Let us know if you get stuck!

1 Like

Dear Phil and Chris,
itā€™s working Great !!!

Now the problem is in the PDF view attachment.
pdf

maybe I will ask this in the GravityPDF forum.

Thank you Philā€¦Thank you Chrisā€¦

2 Likes

Yes, check with Gravity PDF for that one.

No problemā€¦ Iā€™ve used Gravity PDF and Iā€™m pretty sure you can use the merge tag with the modifier there as well, but do give them a shout.

Cheers,
Phil