Disabling the new user create password notification

Here is my current setup/user flow. I have a simple form with Stripe -add-on where my customers can buy and download a digital course from me. Note: Its a one-time purchase and we have no reason to have them login to the site at a later date.

1.user completes form and stripe payment
2.user gets auto-logged in upon submission (gravity Wiz add-on -this is so their name is on the digital download analytics so I can reference it as needed.)
3.custom email gets sent to customer with a link to the digital downloads page so they can download their product.

The issue I am having is that in addition to my custom email they receive, the user registration add-on also sends them a “set password” email. We don’t want them setting passwords or trying to log in again. This second email is confusing to my customers as we do not want them to ever actually access the site after this original purchase. Its a one-time buy and use. I have tweaked and tested all the settings I can in order for this to be smooth an simply, its just this one notice that messes it up.

How can I block/prevent this one notice from getting triggered? Is there a code snippet to add-on I am not aware of?

Thanks in advance for your help!

The quickest way to disable this feature is by writing a small snippet of PHP code in your child theme functions.php file:

add_filter( 'send_password_change_email', '__return_false' );

Give it a try and let me know how that goes! :smile:

I will give this a try, thanks!

Please keep me posted about the outcome. Thank you :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.