Creating an insanely complex sales form - questions before buying

Hello, Gravity Forms community! I just spent a few hours test-driving GF in a demo sandbox and I’m about ready to buy this for a project I’m about to do for a client. However, there are a number of things I haven’t figured out yet, and I hope you can help me.

My client wants pretty much this sales system for translation services to be re-built for her website: Translayte - Check Prices & Place Order

My questions:

1. Let’s say 1 page costs 40 bucks. Is there a way to calculate a price based on how many pages a user selects, and factor that into the total?
  2. Is there a way to generate order IDs? I’m thinking something like chaining together first name - last name - incrementing number, like john-doe-001, but I haven’t been able to find a way to chain field values together.
  3. Is there a way to send shipment confirmation e-mails for clients that request printed copies, using e-mail templates that dynamically populate with field values?

This is it for now. I’m smelling that it’s possible to build something like my client wants, but holy cow this is complex. Much to learn here. I’m looking forward to it and I’m hoping you guys will be willing to deal with many dumb questions while I stumble through it :wink:

Thanks!
Matt.

Hi Matthias. Let me know if these answer your questions:

1. You can have a product field (the “Page for translation”) - there is a quantity input attached to that field, and the result for the form will be the quantity times the unit price you set.

2. For order IDs, I recommend this Perk from Gravity Wiz:
    Gravity Forms Unique ID - Form ID Plugin - Gravity Wiz

3. Yes, that is precisely how the built-in email notifications work. Here is some documentation on configuring your form notifications:

There is no email template per se, but you can configure a customer notification using your HTML and text and insert the values submitted to you in the form using merge tags. More reading :slight_smile:https://docs.gravityforms.com/creating-customized-form-notification-emails/

If you have any other questions, please let us know. If you need to handle complex pricing scenarios, Gravity Wiz has several other Perks which may be useful:

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Hello @chrishajer, thanks for your quick reply. That is awesome! I’ll tinker more with my demo sandbox to try all this out, but I’m pretty sure we’re already sold :slight_smile: Thanks for delivering such a great product, I’m really impressed by what I’m seeing.

1 Like