Consent Checkbox - Convert to Boolean Text Output for Admin Email

I have an admin email set up where I can copy and paste an HTML table (populated with various form values) directly into an Excel table.

The consent checkbox field is proving a problem, though, as it either displays as blank (if left unchecked) or with a tick icon (and the field label) if checked. As such, I have to manually populate this field in Excel each time.

Is there a way that this can be output as a simple ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ for checked and unchecked, respectively?

Hi Ben,

You can use Conditional Logic for a field to output YES/NO based on the radio checkbox selection. The following documentation will guide you on how to achieve this.

Give it a try, and let me know how that goes! :smile:

Hi Faisal,

Thanks for the response. I’m a little confused about the implementation though - I’m hoping you could help clear it up, please?

My understanding of conditional logic in this scenario is that I would need to set up another two fields (say HTML fields, one for ‘yes’, one for ‘no’), then set display conditions for them based on the selection in the radio checkbox? Then I would need to hide these fields from view, as they would be unnecessary, given that the radio checkbox is already visible.

Does this all sound correct, or have I got the wrong end of the stick? If it is the case, this is probably more hassle than it’s worth, as I’d need to change quite a few forms.

I have a similar issue, using a consent checkbox to drive email notifications after form is submitted. The consent checkbox seemed to work, but has broken in a recent update.

Now, even when the consent checkbox is checked on the form, the notifications are not sent, logging shows basically this error for both:

024-01-10 20:55:54.352576 - DEBUG → GFCommon::send_notifications(): Notification conditional logic not met, not processing notification

…as if the logic suddenly is invalid. If checked, send the email…but nope.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.