Conditional strange admin behaviour - not selecting available choice

I have a video explaing this problem.
My gravity was upgraded to 2.5.4.1. Since then I am not able to make changes to perform correct results using conditionals.

Basically one of the conditionals

1. Not allowing correct field choice to select in admin…but shows in public…
  2. Deleting then re creating fields after v2.5.4.1, problem with the newly created fields with their conditional choices problem repeats it self.
    3.GF conditional does not allow/or seem to recognise the new added 5th choice field under conditional. It automatically jumps to a different choice.

Or another way of putting it after many tries,adding a new choice then making a conditional does not seem to be working. Conditional can see the choice but unable to select. Even when you select the correct choice , It changes to a totally different (last) choice from the drop down in admin. This is also confirmed when the value of the dropdown is changes.

I never had this issue with the old version GF …since 2.5 these problems started

Pleasewatch the Video explaing issue is here:Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software

Hi Faruk. If you have not already, please open a support ticket. Thank you.

Hi Chris, my licence is provided through a developer thus I can not create my support account.

In my admin licence is there but can’t read it.

Today I’ll be installing 2.5.5 and hoping it will fix my issues.

I think I fix my problem…
Trick is if you had in admin left/middle/right (gf_first_quarter etc ) CSS in your fields
1.Remove them all
2. Change your layout order sequentially one after another in admin
3.Save
4. Using new GF 2,5 future re position /layout in admin with show/hide requirements

This fixes my show hide issues.

I also had problem with Totals. Totals were showing amount was not even selected in public. To fix this issue is similar to above.

1. Change your layout order sequentially one after another in admin
    2.Save
  2. Using new GF 2,5 future re position /layout in admin with show/hide requirements

…Unfortunately if you change the order of fields, conditionals gets broken again.

1 Like

…but I still need help. Some of my conditonals when “Options” are selected.One of the option supposed to hide the fieldsare still showing whenmarked as “hide” .Why?its so frustrating someting such a small issue taking somuch time to solve.
I am using GenerratePress child theme.

Second page pof the form here https://allabouthomecleaning.com.au/aahc/estimate/?interval=weekly

When you select “Schedule” none of the fields should be showing
I had to place a ‘section break’ because they were lining up on the same row as the options even though they were not not placed on the same row in admin,

Hi Faruk. Have you already opened a support ticket for this issue?

May be you missed my post re:
"'Hi Chris, my licence is provided through a developer thus I can not create my support account.

In my admin licence is there but can’t read it."

In that case you would need to contact your developer for support or rely on the community here for support. For an issue like this, a support ticket is the best solution. Maybe your developer can open a support ticket for you.

Too much mucking around Chris. I was very proud of my forms and its shame that they failed with 2.5. for some reason or another.

I’ll buy the Basic and register with support and hopefully fix these issues :slight_smile:

Hi Faruk. Thank you for the update. Please know that we’ll be able to support you with the Basic add-ons and Gravity Forms if you have a Basic license. If you are using Pro or Elite add-ons under your developer’s license. we would not be able to support you with those when using a Basic license. Just in case you are using anything like that. Thank you.

I am using other GF plugins but issue I amhaving is mainly layout and conditionals. I have put together detailed brief and just about to post my first ticket.

Where do I find my support tickets?

Hi Faruk. You can open a new ticket here:

There is currently no portal or anything like that to view previous tickets you may have submitted.

“There is currently no portal or anything like that to view previous tickets you may have submitted.”

…so how do I follow up and or communicate with the person who might be supporting?

Installed 2.5.5.2. Field sizes seems to be better sized.

I am still having HIDING and lining (poistioning) fields when using conditionals. When calendar field with a dropdown filed marked as “hide” are still showing. Without the conditionals fields, fields line up fine when viewed in public. Its really frustrating to inability to not complete my forms.

Check second page of the form here https://allabouthomecleaning.com.au/aahc/estimate/?interval=monthly where when “Schedule” is selected on the text should be showing. why the rest of the hidden fields are still showing and while the rest of the options are still working fine?

I already submitted my ticket … still waiting.

Hi Faruk. To follow up, you can reply to the email you received in response to your support request.

Installed 2.5.5.3. Show and Hide only works when I remove following Custome CSS from the child theme.
/* When following removed, conditionals work /
/
.gform_wrapper.gravity-theme .gfield.gfield–width-third {
display: inline-block!important;
}
.gform_wrapper.gravity-theme .gfield.gfield–width-quarter {
}
.gform_wrapper.gravity-theme .gfield.gfield–width-half {
}*/

Removing above CSS ignores my GF layout (side by side fiels positioning).
Another words:
Include above CSS > Layout works as intended (side by side fiels positioning).
Include above CSS > Conditionals do not work

And:
Exclude above CSS > Layout do not work works as intended (side by side fiels positioning). Each field appears as has its own row.
Exclude above CSS > Conditionals work!

Hoping soon to be fixed soon:-)

I will leave this open in case anyone wants to add anything, but we have your support ticket and will address any issues there. Thanks Faruk.