Conditional question based on Survey

I want to create a question based on (ie conditional on) the response to a survey question.

You have actually even written a blog post at How to Create a Net Promoter Score Survey With Gravity Forms - Gravity Forms telling people how to use Gravity Forms to create a Net Promoter Score and in that you talk about how a Net Promoter Score (NPS) needs a likert scale followed by a question.

The question that gets asked is based on the likert score (ie. NPS) less than X (usually less than recommend or highly recommend).

It is literally impossible to do this with Gravity Forms and yet since 2018 (the same year you posted this blog post that implies GF can do NPS) you have been ignoring requests to make this work (in the topic which you now appear to have closed to comments at Conditional Logic based on Survey).

How can you keep telling people Gravity Forms can create a Net Promoter Score survey, and then simultaneously ignore the request to make that true?

2 Likes

Hello. You’re correct that the question after the rating is normally conditionally shown when the rating is not recommended or highly recommended. But conditional logic based on survey fields is not supported, as you know. I will ask to have that article removed. And I have added your comments to the open feature request for supporting conditional logic based on survey fields. Thank you for your feedback.

1 Like

Hi Chris,
I was excited to think that I could stop my expensive subscription to a dedicated NPS survey app and use the Gravity Forms survey instead. We use GF extensively. Not being able to ask a specific question depending on whether the user gives a detractor (0-6), passive (7,8) or promoter (9,10) score effectively makes the GF survey add-on useless for creating an NPS survey.

I hope that GF will consider making conditional logic based on the likert survey available asap, this must be a common frustration for an otherwise great tool.

Thanks

1 Like

@user5c06e1f3d42e58.4 As workaround you can stop using Likert fields and use standard radio buttons instead. With radio buttons you can enable the “show values” setting to put an unique value for each choice. Then you can use the radio buttons choices to configure conditional logic for the paragraph field used for the second question.

As another workaround if you want to keep the UI of the likert fields for their user experience, there are a few ways that Gravity Flow can support mapping the value from that field into a separate number field to use in conditional logic. I put together a quick video in this community response about conditional logic / survey scores that I suspect covers much which your goal for creating NPS survey could make use of.

Regards,
Jamie