We’re trying to figure out how an admin can change the user who has submitted a post, ideally via a dropdown which is dynamically populated with users (custom field) who have been assigned to a specific company (post type)
We’ve created a system where user can submit their event details and then the client can add further details and all user projects are displayed in a private client portal for them to view with this added information.
This is the broad workflow:
- user registers
- users added to the website using User Registration add-on
- users are assigned to a company using a company_name (user custom field) dropdown
- Companies are added through company post type
- Company dropdown entries are displayed by filter by post type option on custom field
- User dashboard is restricted using the Company post type permalink and matching it with the company_name custom field from users.
- user submits an event
- post and gf entries are created
- post entry is added through Post Creation add-on
- Event Post Details
- Post type is added using CPT UI
- Custom Fields added yung Custom Fields plugin
- Post and Gf entries are linked through gv_entry and submitted_by custom fields
- Events are displayed per user by querying through the events post type and matching the submitted_by custom field with logged-in userid
- Single events information is displayed by using the gv_entry id
- Information from the GF View and GFAPI queries.
- Document field update is done through GView entry link.
Which creates a client project overview page something like this:
It is the ‘SUBMITTED BY’ name we are looking to change on an ad hoc basis.
I’ve tried to explain as best I can - thank you for any suggestions,