Captcha CheckBox Not Showing [RESOLVED]

reCaptcha is all of sudden gone from my website: baileyfootandankle.com - contact us page. I can see it in the form designer view but on the website all i see is the word Captcha. I removed the field from the form and then re-added it. No difference. I suspect some sort of Java issue but I have no idea where to look.

I don’t know if it was working after the recent WordPress update to 5.5.1.

Hi Chuck. There are quite a few JavaScript errors on that page. That is likely why the CAPTCHA does not show. It’s possible that the update to WordPress 5.5 is causing this issue. WordPress stopped outputting the jQuery Migrate script. That broke a lot of themes and plugins. If that is what is affecting your site, I recommend installing this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/enable-jquery-migrate-helper/

If that does not help, you can use the troubleshooting mode provided by the WordPress team official Health Check & Troubleshooting plugin. It will allow you to perform the test by disabling things only for you are logged in administrator and does not for your visitors. Please check the following documentation page for detailed instructions:

And you are always welcome to open a support ticket here:

Please let us know what you find out.

Hi Chris. I am happy to say that the Enable jQuery script plug-in worked.

Thanks so much.

image002.png

Awesome. Thank you for the update.