Can I build a custom Work Order Form submission system in Gravity Forms?

Can I build a custom Work Order Form submission system in Gravity Forms?

I am considering purchasing Gravity Forms but want to make sure it can do what I need. I need a WordPress solution to build a private community website that has member registration and a work order submission solution for a townhouse community. Will Gravity Forms give me a backend to manage the registered members of the community and a way to manage the work orders? Recieve them and record the status of them as they get completed? I would also like to create a way to list vendors that they can select and contact through the system and maybe a general community discussion area like this one. I assume the backend management where passwords and data received is managed in the Gravity forms Menu in WordPress where the client will be able to log in and access, correct?

Thanks for any help and/or insight to these questions

Hi @gregg,

From what I understand, most of the functionality you require should be achievable with Gravity Forms and some of the official Add Ons.

Here you can find a similar approach to create Audits using Gravity Forms and Gravity Perks:

Learn how to use Gravity Forms to create shareable Health and Safety audits that your technicians and auditors will love.

Will Gravity Forms give me a backend to manage the registered members of the community and a way to manage the work orders? Yes, it should. Members would be WordPress users.

Recieve them and record the status of them as they get completed? You can add fields to set statuses.

I would also like to create a way to list vendors that they can select and contact through the system and maybe a general community discussion area like this one. You can create a form called “Vendors” and use Gravity Forms Populate Anything - Enable Dynamic Population - Gravity Wiz Perk to show those vendors on other forms to be used in work orders.. I’m not aware of any forum add on for Gravity Forms.

I assume the backend management where passwords and data received is managed in the Gravity forms Menu in WordPress where the client will be able to log in and access, correct? Nope, passwords and users would be managed by WordPress user management itself. Gravity Forms will only help you to show the data on the front end.

I hope this helps.

Best,

With a Gravity Forms elite license you can create users after they have submitted a form. The plugin also adds a login widget so users can login.

For work orders I’d recommended Gravity Flow which includes a front-end inbox which allows you to create workflow steps. Such as creating the order, scheduling the work order, and completing the work order while being able to update everyone at the same time regarding the progress.

To create a forum that is fully compatible with Gravity Forms and your work orders I’d recommend Gravity View in particular their list and directories layout or their profiles layout. Gravity View is not advertised as a forum but it may accomplish what you’re needing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.