Beta 2.5 - 2.3 Conditional Logic

On the beta release conditional logic to display form fields based on the value of others, doesn’t work correctly. A display none is applied to the #gform_wrapper_x ID and the initial state (wether to display or not) is not honored…

The whole form disappears because the display none applies to the wrapper, once fixed the fields still don’t behave as intended. The field displays on init, and only hides when conditional is met.

Kindly Robbert :slight_smile:

Hi Robbert. Thank you for trying the Beta. The issue you describe is consistent with the behaviour we see in earlier versions of Gravity Forms as well. Because your form uses conditional logic it has an inline style of display:none applied before Gravity Forms can determine which portions of the form to show. If your page has any JavaScript errors, they can prevent the Gravity Forms scripts from running, and when those scripts can’t run the inline display:none style can’t be removed.

Please begin troubleshooting by checking for theme and plugins conflicts. You can use the troubleshooting mode provided by the WordPress team official Health Check & Troubleshooting plugin. It will allow you to perform the test by disabling things for you as logged in administrator and will not affect your website visitors. Please check the following documentation page for detailed instructions:

If you’re using any caching/minify system like a plugin, a CDN (e.g. CloudFlare) or a server module (e.g. Varnish), please make sure to flush the cache and turn off caching/minify completely until the end of the issue resolution to avoid false positives due to cached resources. Please let us know what you find out. Thank you.

Thanks for clearing that up. I can confirm that once the console is clean the form behaves as expected. Can see some possible solutions for this to work correctly. Let me know if i can contribute :slight_smile:

Thanks Robbert. If you want to provide some feedback, I recommend submitting a ticket here: