Are forms automatically hidden from google search results?

Are forms hidden from Google search results or do I need to no index them in settings somewhere?

Thanks in advance

Hi Brown,

This page is responsible for handling the “doindex” or “noindex” directive. Would you like to set the “noindex” directive for the form on a specific page? If you do not set the “noindex” directive for the responsible page, it will not be possible.

You can follow the article below to set the “noindex” directive for the specific page, which will also apply to the form.

Give it a try, and let me know how that goes! :smile:

Thanks for the response, Faisal. So I do know how to noindex a page on WordPress, but I’m using one of the gravity forms in the conversational version. They ask us what we want the URL to be in the conversational settings. Is there somewhere I can go to set that page as no index since it’s not an actual page I created but a page that I’m guessing Gravity Forms creates? Let me know if you need more clarification. Thanks again for helping me with this.

I understand now. Could you please share the exact URL of the webpage so I can find the page ID and assist you by providing a custom PHP code to add “noindex” to the page header?

Alternatively, you can modify the following code and add it to your child theme’s functions.php file or try using the Code Snippets plugin.

function add_noindex_meta_tag() {
    if (is_page(123)) {
        echo '<meta name="robots" content="noindex, follow" />';
    }
}

add_action('wp_head', 'add_noindex_meta_tag');

The number 123 mentioned is your page ID, which can be found by inspecting the page, as shown in the following screenshot.

If you’re using the Code Snippet plugin, then the code setup should be like this. :point_down:

Now, if you go to the page source, you will find the “noindex” meta tag.

Give it a try, and let me know how that goes! :smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.