Adding a dropdown to the export page or exporting custom csv via a function call?

Hi

A website I work on is currently using a single form for event registration with the “event” column being populated by the embedded post title. They want to export CSVs for specific events but are apparently not “tech savvy” enough to properly get to grips with the conditional filters and making a form per event will cause it’s own issues.

In order to make it easier for them, I think I need someone to point me toward one of the following two things:

1. How to modify the export page to add an event dropdown. Selecting an event and clicking download would only download the lines for that event (FYI the dropdown population I can do, it’s just getting it in and working)
  2. What function to call to export a csv from another page. I think this would remove all the confusion as I could then add an export button to the event’s edit page (or elsewhere in the admin) with all parameters set manually.

If anyone can help point me in the right direction to achiveing one of the above, that would be great.

Thanks in advance,
Dan

1 Like