Using Visual-Composer layout shortcodes in a Confirmation message

Hi GF Community,
my site has a problem with its redirection function (which is a separate problem), so I need to create a good-looking Confirmation page. The site uses the excellent Visual composer layout system, which normally I can paste its code into ‘html’ areas and it will display a layout with all V-C’s features on it.
I’ve found the Confirmation html edit-window won’t interpret the VC-shortcodes, it just prints out verbose layout code.

VC-shortcodes do work when they’re pasted into Gravity Form’s ‘HTML field’ within a form, but not in the Confirmation area.

I hope you can help.

1 Like

Shortcodes are working in my confirmation text area, when I tried a simple shortcode, like [date] which I have defined a function for.

Can you try a simple plugin such as this one to try a simple shortcode in the confirmation to see if it works?

or

I don’t have a copy of Visual Composer to try this out. It may be a difference in how/when the VC shortcodes are being processed. But I wanted to see first if any other shortcodes work in the confirmation.

@KevEd did you ever figure this out?

Hi,
I didn’t solve the problem, I created an immediate html redirect to a new page.

Regards,

Kev

Gotcha, well if I figure it out, I will post.

1 Like

@KevEd After talking to GF support, they provided the following filter:

add_filter( 'gform_confirmation', 'wpb_shortcodes', 10, 4 );
function wpb_shortcodes( $confirmation, $form, $entry, $ajax ) {
WPBMap::addAllMappedShortcodes(); // Process WP Bakery Visual Composer Shortcodes.
return $confirmation;
}

The above kinda worked for me but realize that copy and pasting the code some elements did not pass on.

Hope this helps.

1 Like