Using Taxonomies to populate form elements

Hi everyone,

I’m using Gravity Forms, Gravity Forms + Custom Post Types, Custom Post Type UI, and Advanced Custom Fields. I’ve created two custom post types: singers & ensembles with associated taxonomies attached to each.

I’m trying to use a Gravity Form that creates draft posts and populates them using custom fields I’ve created in ACF. I’ve got custom frontend views that display the information the way I want on the front end and use DynamicConditions to hide empty fields.

Unfortunately, Checkbox data doesn’t map cleanly between Gravity Forms and ACF. Since I’m not a coder, I’m trying to solve this problem with taxonomies. In trying to get this to work, I added a Checkboxes field instead of a Post Custom Field. That gives me the “Populate with a Taxonomy” option. The problem that I’m having is that for whatever reason when I use Advanced → Populate with a Taxonomy (ensembles for example) Gravity Forms is not populating the choices that I’ve added to the field using ACF.

Any feedback or advice on how to get this to work?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.