Update a status page using a front end form

I would like to use a form that a registered user could fill out that will change/update the content of a wordpress page. Specifically I would like to change a status graphic (traffic light kind of thing) to show if a service is working or not. Then have a list that shows status information - like service disruption, and steps to resolution.
I think GravityWiz might be the addon to do this? But would appreciate ideas on how I can implement.
TYIA

Can anyone point me in the right direction at least

Hi @Rookie - I think to update a Page on the site, you would first need to capture the information in that page, and pre-populate fields in the form. That is going to be easiest if the information that creates the page is built using custom fields. Then you can use the custom field merge tag, as shown here: Custom Field Merge Tags - Gravity Forms Documentation

That will load everything in the page into your form (once you have set up the custom fields for the page, and the fields to be dynamically populated in your form.)

Then, you can collect all the data you need in the form, and use the gform_after_submission hook to update the data on that page, or append the data, like the status (so you have a history of the statuses.) Here is the documentation for the gform_after_submission hook: gform_after_submission - Gravity Forms Documentation

That would be the general approach. There are probably other ways to do it as well. But this is one idea.

1 Like