Unable to authorise card. No response from Stripe.js

Hi Guys,

Wonder if anyone can help with this issue.

Recently customers buying online from this website are met with the following message.

“There was a problem with your submission. Unable to authorise card. No response from Stripe.js.”

I believe it is something to do with 3D payments and new guidelines within Europe. The site is using Gravity Forms and Stripe is the payment gateway. Does anybody know where the issue lies and how to resolve?

thank you

Hi Daniel. First, make sure you are using the latest Stripe Add-On release, v4.2.1, and that your WordPress and Gravity Forms are up to date as well. If that is all true, the next step will be to check for theme and plugin conflicts for a script that may be interfering with the Stripe scripts. You can use these steps:

If you are unable to find the source of the issue, please open a support ticket:
https://www.gravityforms.com/open-support-ticket/technical/

Thank you.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your help.

I think the plugins and theme are fine.

I have been in touch with Stripe and their message to be was:

"I noticed that you’re creating charges using an API endpoint that is not SCA compliant. To avoid declines due to SCA, you will need to upgrade your integration to the Payment Intents API.

Since you are using a third party application to process the payment which is Gravity Forms you may reach out to them and you may provide the documentation below where they will find more information in the SCA migration:"

I can’t access support as I dont know the license details. I just don’t know what to do?

KR, Dan

Hi Daniel. Without a license, you won’t be able to obtain support from Gravity Forms. That is the best solution when you have a license. Without a license, I recommend making sure that Gravity Forms and all your add-ons and theme are up to date, and then to be sure you follow all the steps here to perform a conflict test:

Hi Chris,

Thank you again. The payment section was built by someone else - There is a license registered by I cannot see what the number is ************ - I have tried contacting the company but so far no reply.

If I purchase a license with Stripe add on, will it guarantee me a fix?

KR, Dan

Hi Daniel. There is no guarantee of a fix. But without a license key, you won’t be able to obtain support. I recommend purchasing a Pro or Elite license (Pro is required for our Stripe Add-On) then updating all your software and testing your form again. If it is not working, you will be able to open a support ticket here:

https://www.gravityforms.com/open-support-ticket/technical/

You have 30 days in which to request a refund if the problem is still not solved:

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.