Survey fields vs regular fields [RESOLVED]

I’m building a survey and I’ve discovered part way through the process that under the survey field button there are fields like single line text entry, radio button, checkbox, etc.

I’ve built the survey so far just using the standard versions of these fields.

What’s the difference? Should I go back and replace the standard versions of these fields with survey versions?

Hi John. If you use regular fields in a form you are going to use as a ‘survey’, you won’t be able to take advantage of the Survey Add-On results page. If you want to use the Survey Add-On and have access to those results, you will need to use the Survey type field, configured however you need. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Also, if you already collected data with those fields, deleting the fields will delete the data. I’m not sure if that is an issue for you yet. If it is and you have data to retain, let us know and we’ll give you a method to retain the historical data and add the new Survey fields to be used going forward.

Thanks Chris.

The survey hasn’t gone live yet — I’ll rebuild those fields using survey versions. Thanks for the reply.

John

1 Like