Stripe add on and existing subscription prices/plans

Hi there, I’m recreating an existing custom form that’s worked flawlessly to create subscriptions to an existing Stripe product with two prices (one £ and one $) for six years.
In the rebuild I’m working on I have the form set up in Gravity with the Stripe add on but, no matter how I set up the feed using the ID of the existing prices, a new product (with a crazy long name) is created in the Stripe account every time the form is submitted, which also means my subscriptions are set up in the default currency set when Gravity was installed, rather than the currency of the ‘price’ I want to subscribe the visitor to.
Have I misunderstood what Gravity with the Stripe add-on is capable of? It’s looking like I’ll have to ditch the Stripe add on and revert to an after_form_submit method. Or am I doing something wrong?

The Stripe add-on doesn’t support using existing Stripe products/subscriptions.

You can suggest to our product team any improvement or feature you wish in our roadmap page: Gravity Forms Roadmap - Gravity Forms

That way your request will reach the product team directly and they will be able to consider your request and queue it in the workflow of a future version if it’s accepted.

Regarding the currency, by default, Gravity Forms doesn’t support multiple currencies, only the one set in the Forms > Settings page is supported.

There are some third-party solutions for multi-currency that you could try, for example: Multi-Currency for Gravity Forms by wpvenus | CodeCanyon

Thank you Samuel. I saw the same reply on another ticket in this forum with the same question when I searched before posting mine. I had hoped there would be a different answer a year later. I have to say that it’s incredibly disappointing to purchase the “elite” license in order to have access to an add-on that doesn’t have what appears would be a basic requirement for a lot of people. Until it’s more mature and flexible, should it not be lower down the food chain? Regardless, I spent the weekend writing a custom solution that works very well. Which is great, but again, I would have preferred to not spend $230 only to find out it doesn’t do what I assumed it would – the sales pitch definitely doesn’t mention its lack of functionality.

I appreciate the response and Gravity is still my first choice for forms – it’s untouchable :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.