Saving data to ACF Repeater field from GF

Hi guys,

I need to create a custom private-messages for each post (CPT), so I have created an ACF Repeater field for the CPT post. Each ACF Repeater row (message) has these subfields:

Name.
Date.
Text.
File Upload.

I wonder if it is possible to use GF to imput a new row (each submit = new ACF Repeater row) and save the data on each subfield (name, date, text and file upload), from the frontend.

If you have any doubt, please do not hesitate to ask :slight_smile:

Thank you for your time!

I would put it in the very possible category. The APC add-on probably doesn’t support your update of ACF meta exactly out of box, so some other links that may help you:

If this is the type of feature you find building across multiple forms where you’d prefer to have an option to define through settings instead of form-specific code, you may want to look at Gravity Flow and it’s custom step framework that allows you to define step settings and processing logic in a versatile format. Your custom step type might have the following settings:

• post ID (field select)
  • ACF meta (text field)
  • Row content definition (paragraph with WYSIWYG) that uses merge tags

Then the custom step process function would parse the chosen settings to add to the ACF data on the chosen post. An added benefit of this is that it could provide you the opportunity to add an approval to the workflow if you want to be selective on which ones get included.

Cheers,
Jamie

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.