Save to user metafields and retrieve this data in dropdown

1. I have a form that should be used by logged in users. This form has a few fields that needs to save their input. Each input has to be saved to a new meta field of the user.
  2. When reopened the form, the fields should now be shown as the options in a dropdown, or in radio checkbuttons.
    How can I do this?

Hello. You will need to create an “Update User” feed with the User Registration Add-On and map the form fields to the user meta fields. That way, every time the form is opened, the fields will be filled with information from the logged-in user’s profile.

I recommend opening a support ticket for this so we can explain the process in detail: https://www.gravityforms.com/open-support-ticket/technical/

Thank you.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your quick response.
I have it working now, the dropdown is populated with the desired content. I use Gravityy Wiz Populate Anything.
My only question now is: can I put the option “Other” in the select dropdown?

Hi,

You can accomplish this by using the following snippet. It lets you add Static Choices to a field populated by GP Populate Anything. By doing that, you can include your “Other” choice in the drop down and then use conditional logic to show a Single Line Text field where the user can type in their “Other” choice.

Here’s a video that walks you through the setup:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.