Save GravityForms to JSON for Better Dev Practices

Is there a way that we can save all Gravity Forms as a local JSON object that can be read and used to update other databases. This would be helpful for developers developing in different environments with isolated databases.

I have used CPT UI and Advance Custom Field, and my team can save the JSON data into dedicated folders in mu-plugin for version control.

ACF | Local JSON (advancedcustomfields.com)

Save CPTUI settings data to file - Pluginize Knowledge Base

This would be really useful for team to work on production environments, and the revised setting JSON data from Git repo can be used to update the database on the live site once the master branch is ready to deploy and update the live site.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Hi Linh. As you may already know, that is not currently a feature of Gravity Forms. If you would like to suggest that for inclusion in the future, I recommend adding that to our product roadmap. Click the blue :heavy_plus_sign: in the lower left on this page to add a note for our product team:

https://www.gravityforms.com/gravity-forms-roadmap/

Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks, Chris! Just submitted a feature recommendation.

1 Like

I know that a WP Form Sync had been attempting this type of integration/support around 2019, but I have not seen any updates from it in quite a while. Note that at that time it had issues with data storage for some of the certified add-ons related to feed processing/order.

Can confirm. I was an early adopter of FormSync, but haven’t seen any updates in over a year. I’m disappointed it hasn’t been developed further as, if done right, it’s very useful to have.

1 Like