"Save and Continue" not working! Please Help!

Hi. We utilize the “save and continue” feature on one of our long forms. We as the business always receive the save and continue email with the link for any form that is saved and submitted by the form user. However, we had a couple of users let us know that they never received the link via email. I went and tried it out myself. During the process, I copied the link on the page above where the user enters the email address that the link should be sent to. I waited on the email to come to the personal email address I had entered on my form. It never came. I received the save and continue email that always comes to our business email. But the user email never came to the personal email address I entered. I also tried going to the link I copied on the submit page as well. I received a blank form with a red alert at the top saying that my link had expired. I went to the link within 10 minutes of submitting the save and continue form.

I tried the link within the email we receive at our business and that link did work. So I need help on why the email to the user isn’t going out and why the link presented to the user does not work either.

I have searched and cannot find anything on the form settings to fix or correct any of this. The form has been sending email links without any issues up until recently. And we have not changed anything on the form settings. I also searched for a topic on here. I found one where someone had the same issue but there wasn’t an answer given.

Thanks!

Hi,

Please use a mail logging plugin to ensure the email is sent when you try to save and continue.

You can use any plugin like

If you see the email in the mail logging plugin then either the email is landing in the spam folder for the users or it is getting blocked by your server for some reason. In this case, you can try using an SMTP service like SendGrid or Mailgun with Gravity SMTP addon ( https://www.gravityforms.com/gravity-smtp/ )

If you don’t see the mail in your email logs then it will require further debugging.

Regards,
Sushil Kumar

Thanks.
I installed the plugin you suggested. It shows that the emails are going out from WP as you mentioned. But users outside of our company addresses still aren’t getting emails.
Let me ask another question.
I have had GF for at least about 5-6 years now. So it’s been a while since I set everything up and I cannot find or remember where I setup any DNS settings. I have looked on my account and profile where my subscriptions live as well as the GF plugin main settings to no avail. I’d like to check those settings.
We use Office 365 with exchange server online. We also use Zix for encryption and filtering. Our server does not allow email relaying. But we aren’t blocking anything from our servers and when our IT guy looked, he doesn’t show any emails blocked by our server going out. So, we are trying to figure out why this isn’t working anymore.
These emails were working fine just a few months ago… Or we have never been told that the save and continue wasn’t working for the people filling the form out online until here recently. But I doubt that because I have been using this form now for a while and I am pretty sure people have been using this feature.

Thanks

Hi. Has anyone seen my message from 2 days ago?

Hi Audrea. If you need assistance troubleshooting an issue with Save and Continue emails, please open a support ticket here:

https://www.gravityforms.com/open-support-ticket/technical/

Be sure to enable Gravity Forms logging:

And include the system status report in your support ticket:

Thank you.