Responding to message in Contact form

Hello, I received a message through the Contact form. I want to respond to it. Notification of the message was sent to my personal email but I want the response to come from admin@[mywebsite.com]. I don’t see an option for “Reply” on the message page or on the “Bulk Actions” dropdown menu.
How do I do this?
Thanks

Hi Ken. There is no option in Gravity Forms to reply to a form entry. If you want to send the email reply from a different email address, you will need to configure your mail client to allow you to reply from multiple accounts (email addresses.) Or you can send the email notification to the same email address you want to be able to reply from.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Hello, thanks for your reply.

I have set the Notification to the email account [website name]@gmail.com, and I have set the From Email field on the form as Admin@[website name]. So if I understand this when I reply through the gmail account it will show as being sent from the Admin email address. If it shows as being sent from the gmail address that works too.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.