Remove line underneath field labels [RESOLVED]

Hello, I’m trying to remove a subtle line that is appearing underneath my field labels.

Any thoughts about how to do so?

Hi @ryan
To remove the line underneath field labels in a Gravity Form, you can use the following steps:

1. In the WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Gravity Forms plugin and select “Forms” from the menu.
  2. Select the form you want to edit, and then click on the “Field Settings” tab.
  3. Go to Appearance -> Sub-Label Placement and select the Hidden option to hide.
  4. Click the “Save Form” button to save your changes.

Alternatively, you can also remove the line using CSS by adding the following code to the form’s CSS stylesheet:

.gform_wrapper label {
    text-decoration: none;
}

This will remove the underline from all field labels in the form. If you only want to remove the underline from specific field labels, you can use a more specific CSS selector to target only those labels. For example, you can use the .gform_wrapper .gfield_label selector to target labels for individual form fields.

Hi Faisal, thanks for your reply. I do not see a “Field Settings” tab or option. Additionally, when I add the CSS code you listed to the “Custom CSS” section of the “General Settings” within “Styles and Layouts” for Gravity Forms, it has no effect.

Hi Ryan,
Apologies for the confusion. To resolve this issue, please select the field → Field Settings → Appearance → Sub-Label Placement and then select the Hidden option. Additionally, please use the following CSS code, as the one I sent you previously was incorrect. You may also follow this gif.

.gform_wrapper.gravity-theme .ginput_complex label  {
  display: none !important;
}

Give it a try, and let me know how it goes! I’m confident this will resolve the issue.

Hi Faisal, no luck still. Where should I enter the CSS code? When I enter it the “General Settings” area it does not take effect. Also, the “sub-label” placement option is only available for the “Name” field, even though the lines appear under multiple field labels: Group Supervision: Ryan Hofrichter, LPC, SEP

Hi @ryan
Sorry for the trouble. You could add the CSS code under Appearance > Customizer > Additional CSS. Could you please tell me which label you would like to hide from this form? So I could further investigate and give you the exact CSS code. Thank you

It’s the horizontal lines underneath each field label that I want to remove, not the label itself.

Hi @ryan
Thanks for the clarification. You may apply this code and let me know how that goes! :smiley:

#gform_3 legend {
    border-bottom: 0 !important;
}

That worked! Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @ryan
Glad to hear that! If you need anything else, don’t hesitate to let me know. Also, if you encounter any issues in the future, feel free to open a new topic so that everyone can assist you.

Have a wonderful day, :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.