Remove a default mark on dropdown field choices [RESOLVED]

There seems to be a really inconvenient and very annoying issue with previously set default choices in dropdown select fields. I can’t find any way to remove the default mark. Like not set any default choice.

My example.
I have a huge form with several dropdown fields using the template of all countries. So basically around 240 countries/choices. One of the countries in this list has been set as default choice in the past. And there’s a lot of conditional logic running in the background that goes into effect depending on the chosen country.
Now all I want is to remove the default mark. I don’t want to remove the default country (because I’d have to rework the conditional logic tied to this choice), I just want to set the field choices that there is no default choice anymore.
It sounds like such a simple task, yet it doesn’t seem to be possible. It’s so frustrating that I not only wasted a lot of time researching the issue, but it also forces me to write this post and wait days for a response or any helpful solution.
Seriously, why can’t we just “unset” a default choice?

At this time, I’ve found that a quick workaround for removing a default choice when needed is to…

1. add an additional choice with any value
  2. set it as default for the field
  3. remove that choice
2 Likes

Ah right. That’s brilliant. Many thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.