Picking a random number from a list of entrants [RESOLVED]

Hi All

I am looking for a way to randomly pick a “winner” from a list of entries on a gravity form.

I want to be able to click on a button on page that say’s “pick a winner” at which point one of the numbers from submissions on a gravity form is displayed and perhaps even the rest of the details of that entry as well.

I have already included the “unique number ID” perk from Gravity Wizz. So each entry has its own unique sequential number. What I need to do now is to be able to pick a random number from that list .

Does anyone have an idea of how to do this?

Regards
Stephen

Hi Stephen,

You could use our GP Populate Anything Perk to populate a hidden field with a random Unique ID from the entry and then insert the merge tag of that hidden field on the Confirmation Page. This will display the randomly selected Unique ID value on the confirmation when the form is submitted. The setup will be like so:
2021-11-12_10-19-57

If you have any questions you can get in touch with us via our support form so we can assist you with the setup.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Thank you Samuel . This sounds like a great plan. I can then do more with the confirmation page as well.

Thank you. Much Much Appreciated

Regards
Stephen

2 Likes