Phone number field not formatted when editing entry

Hi, I have a phone number field defined with a (###) ###-#### format and it looks and functions great when viewing the entry using GravityFlow Inbox. But when viewing the entry in “edit” mode via the entries list, the field is not formatted at all – is there a way to force it to be formatted?

Hi Margaret. Have you already checked with Gravity Kit support for GravityView?

Hi Chris,

We don’t have GravityView, but I just took a look to see what it is. I will check it out further to determine if we should buy it. Meanwhile, can I assume there is no way to implement the defined phone formatting in the GF native admin edit mode?

Hi Margaret.

For entry editing, if you’re not currently using Gravity View, there’s no need to add that. When editing entries, that is what most people use, but it’s not required. If you are using Gravity Flow for editing, I recommend checking with them to see if it’s possible. If you use only Gravity Forms entry edit in the admin, the masked input script is not currently available. If you think this would make a good addition to Gravity Forms, I recommend adding a note to our product roadmap. Click the blue plus in the lower left on this page to add a note for our product team:

Thank you.

Thank you, Chris, I submitted my recommendation.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.