Need help with setting up forwarding emailing depending an dropdown selection

Hi all
Need help with setting up forwarding emailing depending an dropdown selection. I am setting up a new form and I want the email to be forwarded to a particular recipient depending and the selection of a dropdown. In other words, I am setting up a form which will send out enquiries to businesses the the person has selected in a dropdown. Is there a way I can achieve this with gravity?

Steve

If I understand correctly, you want to send the email notification to the email address of the selected choice in the dropdown field. So by default when the “Send To” property of the Notification is set to “Select a field”, it requires the field to be an email address field. So what you can do here is to add a hidden email address field to the form and then copy the email address value of the selected choice in the dropdown field to this hidden email address field.

You can use our GP Copy Cat perk to copy the selected value in the dropdown field to the hidden email address field. You can read more about GP Copy Cat from the documentation and you can also get in touch with us if you have any questions.

Thanks Samuel for replying to my request. Basically what I want is the email form to go the the email address selected in a dropdown field. I have a number of wineries added to a dropdown and in the value I will add the contact email of the winery. I want the email to go to the winery email in that value field. So I may have 10 wineries and each field will have the name of the winery and the value will be their contact email. Then in the notification settings do I need to add the value field in the send to box? Thanks again.

The solution I suggested earlier would work for you. It won’t be possible to select the dropdown field under the “Select a field” property, because it only supports Email Address fields. So you can use our GP Copy Cart Perk to copy the selected email address value from the dropdown field to a hidden email address field. You can then select the email address field within the notification settings, as the field to get the “Send To” Email Address.

Hi Steve. I think this is also achievable with the built in Routing feature of the notifications.

You can have your drop down with all the recipients, and then in your routing rules, you will decide to send TO a specific email address when the name from the drop down matches. See if that is an alternate approach for you.

1 Like