Link to dropdown menu option? [RESOLVED]

Hi all! I’m not even sure this is possible but with how amazing Gravity Forms is, I want to make sure it’s not before I write the option off!

Basically, I would love to be able to target an option in a dropdown in order to create a link to it… if that makes sense…

For instance, I work in a church and we have different missional areas - local, national, international. The missions team has a contact form that has a dropdown for people interested in each of those areas. I hoping to create a link that will open that form with one of those selections already chosen as an easier way for people to indicate that they’re interested. I don’t know if it’s possible, but if it is, some help with figuring it out would be really appreciated.

(Also, it can’t be javascript or anything of that nature, for the purpose I’m trying to accomplish it would have to be just a regular ol’ link.)

Thank you!!

You can do that using this method:

Here is a really good tutorial on how that works:

It’s referred to as “dynamic population” but really, you are just pre-selecting a drop down choice based on the link they used to arrive at the page with your form on it. If you need more help, just let us know where you get stuck.

Chris, that was exactly what I was looking for! However I was wording/searching for it just wasn’t turning up the right info! Thank you so much for your help!

1 Like